Like many writers, listening to music is an essential part of my creative process. I create a playlist as I write, and will often listen to a song more than a hundred times in the course of writing the book.
As we get closer to the release date, I will be revealing more of the songs on my playlist. Here are a few to get started. They appear in the proper order to coincide with the action of the book:
- Bells, Jane Siberry
- Take Me Back in Time, Idlewild
- Welcome to England, Tori Amos
- This Place in Time, Colleen
- Your Song, Kate Walsh
- And the Boys, Angus and Julia Stone
- Lately, Kate Rusby
- Girl with One Eye, Florence + the Machine
- Wolves (Song of the Shepherd’s Dog), Iron & Wine
- Accidental Babies, Damien Rice
- Poison & Wine, The Civil Wars
- Near Life Experience, Lifehouse
- Ancient Sea, Elephant Revival
I belong to Spotify, and if you are a member you can keep track of the latest playlist and watch as it fills in here.
This month’s featured song is Tori Amos’s Welcome to England.